We can offer you general advice about applying, but we won’t be able to confirm whether you will receive credit until your application has been assessed.
We recommend you apply for credit as early as possible, and no later than the commencement of the relevant teaching period so you have plenty of time to finalise your enrolment.
NOTE: Please allow up to thirty working days for your application to be assessed. This time frame may be extended during peak periods and for complex applications.
You must submit your application before the credit transfer on-time application due date to make sure it is assessed before classes start. Applications or supporting documentation received after this date may not be assessed in time for the relevant semester.
How to submit your application
Submit your application for credit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To avoid delays in processing your request, please ensure you have provided a completed ‘Application for credit’ form.
- Credit assessment for some programs require additional documentation:
- Bachelor of Midwifery: Students who are Registered Nurses (RN) in Australia with a degree in Nursing are eligible to apply for credit to follow the Registered Nurse Pathway. Students who wish to apply for the RN Pathway must submit an application for credit transfer, including their Nursing academic transcript and evidence of current RN registration with AHPRA.
- Bachelor of Nursing Science:
- You can receive credit transfer (of 8 courses) if you hold current AHPRA registration as an Enrolled Nursing (Division 2) (General) without restrictions/conditions and have completed a Diploma of Nursing from an accredited Australian education provider within 10 years prior to admission.
- NOTE: If you do not have current registration or hold current registration with restrictions etc, no credit transfer will be granted. If your diploma was completed more than 10 years ago, please contact our Credit team for advice.
- Applying for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) towards Bachelor of Human Services (course SWK201); Bachelor of Social Work (course SWK300); or Master of Social Work - qualifying (course SWK700):
Students should submit their RPL application for a social work or human services field placement course, one semester prior to the semester in which they are actually due to undertake placement. It takes approximately 6 months to coordinate and prepare student placements.
Students are strongly encouraged to make a meeting time to discuss the application process and their individual circumstances, with the Course Coordinator and Lead for Social Work and Human Services Field Education. Please contact Rachel McCarthy on email@example.com to organise a meeting before an application is submitted.
Students should read the Process for Applying for RPL document when preparing an application, which outlines the ASWEAS accreditation requirements, the application process, supporting documentation requirements and additional considerations.
Refer to the Credit Transfer—Academic Policy.
What happens next?
Once your application has been assessed, you will be notified via email to your 利记官网app下载 student email account of the outcome of your application.
Please allow up to three weeks for your application to be assessed. This time frame may be extended during peak periods and for complex applications.